Video from Youtube
I thought this is a good thing for several reasons. First, I thought it was interesting that they were making it public that the team would be wearing the number 42 on the their jerseys. They plastered it all over social media. The team could have just wore the number and let the press make a passive note, but they didn't. They instead made an honest effort make sure they had a message that would be received by the audience.
The second thing to note is that the team was making en effort to connect with a certain demographic. According to this article by the Bleacher Report, there were interesting thoughts from African Americans currently in the league. The article interviews several MLB player for the Phillies and the Braves.
Overall, I think this was a good campaign from the Phillies to promote and honor a legendary figure in the MLB.
No comments:
Post a Comment