The Buffalo Bills are now paying out up to 3 million dollars to settle with fans for sending out more that the promised 5 texts a months.
The Bills promised fans that opted into the text club that they would not receive more than 5 texts a months, but according to the Bleacher Report article say Bills broke this promise and sent out more than that.
I find this to be an interesting problem. I think it is sad that the Bills let it get the courts before reaching a settlement. Personally, after working at store we we value customers, we would never break this promise. As a matter of fact, we made a promise to our customers no more than 5 texts a months and thats what we do.
I would think that business like the Bills would be able to count to five. Also I would have thought they could have solved the problem before it reached the courts. The fans were clearly upset, so why wait to see what the courts have to say.
Something we learned about in class was getting ahead of the problem. The Bills clearly thought they could have found a loophole or something to get out of settling, but I feel like they may have lost some loyal fans by doing something like this.
No comments:
Post a Comment